10 June, 2007

making a room a hideaway

hello again

working on improving things in the bedroom this weekend (not what you might be thinking)... looking out for fabric or a new quilt cover (we still haven't purchased a new cover since we re-painted... ages ago now). I miss having a lovely little hideaway where I can snuggle up with a good book on a weekend... so work needs to be done before we get into the depths of winter!

I did though find this website, and think some of these hangings by bride&wolfe might just brighten up our coffee coloured walls. We bought some pistachio coloured sheets last week, which look beautiful... not it is just for the covers, the cushions and then the walls (I am way too excited by this I know!).


I had a crappy day on friday, so the lovely hubby bought me roses, which were just incredibly beautiful, have included some pictures here.... beautiful aren't they? and they (surprisingly) smelt divine as well.







Anyway, just a short one tonight.. more later... oh! and went to the Rose St Market yesterday, which was terrific and the other stallholders lovely - they complimented Kaz on her clips (summer pickles fruit!) and we started talking... might be looking at a stall soonish!

Have a beautiful week,
xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!