04 June, 2007

Hi all
Happy birthday Kaz! (forgot to write this on the 1st... hoping later is better than never). I created some little goodies for Kaz for her birthday - forgot to photograph two of them, so will have to take a photo of her someday when she is wearing the button hairclips I made. Here is the brooch I made for her anyway.

The button in the middle was a light purple colour, like the purple in the fabric, but the flash was so bright you can't see that here. I am really enjoying using quilting fabrics for my sewing crafts at the moment - loving the brightness and patterns! I got the instructions for the kanzashi from a great tutorial by SpanglySpangle at http://flickr.com/photos/spanglyspangle on her flickr site.


I also made another button necklace last night, am calling this one cherry cola and have a photo of me modelling it here...



This shot was taken in our bathroom, so everything has a slightly orange tinge. I have only made one other of these neckalces with the wire and buttons a different colour, so it was a fun experiment and I really liked the end result!


Happy crafting, chat again soon xx

2 comments:

Angelique said...

LOVE the necklace! Thank you for your nice comment on my doll. :-)

summer pickles said...

Thanks Angelique!
I have more in progress at the moment, so keep an eye out for some new colours and variations on a theme.
xx

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!