16 February, 2013

doing better. and making stuff, too

Hi there!

Guess what? I have been crafting! Somewhat boxed into a corner, with a little friend's birthday party here all of a sudden and my inability to face putting the three boys in the car and driving into a local town to a toyshop, I had to make something. And so I did - voila!


My apologies for the crumby, crumby photography - this was taken using my dodgy ol' mobile phone on our way out the door to the party. It's a 0s and Xs (tic tac toe) set in a bag! I would love to take credit for this original idea, but it was absolutely inspired by the work of others, including:







Now I'm wishing I had taken a better photo of my effort (and wishing I had also had blue felt in the stash, to use instead of the yellow.. never mind!). I was so proud of this effort today, which was actually completed within a typical crazy day with three boys under five!

Doing better on the being more kind front. I find that the hardest thing about three small people is the constant lack of sleep. I know that this has spoken about by others, more eloquently elsewhere (like here), but sometimes, what I wouldn't give for twenty four hours filled with a solid night's sleep, a slow start and an afternoon nap! It is absolutely the key to my mood and my ability to be a great mum to my three beautiful boys. So, what to do in the absence of sleep? Fake it! I am trying to plan ahead distractions for the boys, and funny stuff too - silly things that will break the tension when these build. So far, so good.

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one xo

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!