23 February, 2013

we heart craft


 
So, every now and then my lovely hubby goes away with work. It's rarely for very long, typically 3-4 days, but it can make for a tricky time with the boys club (plus mummy) left at home.  Mr Pickles has just headed off on a whirlwind nine day trip to the U.S.

All has been going well. Until we went for our regular pre-dinner walk on day two of daddy's absence. The Gherkin cried and cried (and cried). He wanted to hold daddy's hand, not mine. He wanted daddy to put him to bed tonight, not me. He missed daddy. He wanted daddy to be home. He wanted to tell daddy that he missed him. (Being in horribly different timezones stinks). We stopped, sat down on the grass and had a big snuggle until he stopped crying. And then kept walking.

My nearly five year old boy adores his daddy. And he is beginning to realise that one day he will grow up to be like daddy. He watches Mr Pickles like a hawk, like he is taking notes now, for later.

One of my big wishes for the Gherkin is that he grows to be one half of the beautiful man his dad is*.

So, today we made special love craft for daddy. Printed pages covered in hearts, a little white crayon and watercolour paint, and hours of entertainment for the Gherkin (who really, really loved seeing the surprise messages magically appear).

 Happy non-Valentines Day Mr Pickles from your tribe. We love you, we miss you, do not forget to come home! xo

 * hopefully a little better at doing the laundry though, so all his loved ones woollens don't end up felted ;)

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!