03 May, 2008

aaargh!!! fabric fabric everywhere (and no pins)

I was hoping that this post I would be able to show off all of my fabulous stitching with flannel... but alas, no! After a whole fortnight without any space to sew (hurrah for major renovations... you can have a cheeky peek here), I had been building up to the sewing fest which was to be today, all week.

So this morning I cleared some space on our kitchen table/study/clothes storage shelf, asked hubby to drag out the sewing machine, played madly with James Brown so he would be completely worn out and would sleep all afternoon, and waved hubby off to football. Switched on ABC Classic FM and then gathered all of my washed, dried and ironed* flannel together. (I have now bought twelve metres of the stuff and am rapidly developing an addiction). Breathed a happy, blissful sigh of anticipation, and then went to get my sewing box.

Nowhere to be found. Looked in the stacked-to-the-ceiling bathroom, the plaster-dust-covered bedrooms, on the "kitchen table", under the kitchen table... everywhere. I may be a beginner, but I am pretty sure that to sew without pins is just not a good idea.

Oh dear. I think I know where the sewing box is. I think it's in the boot of hubby's car. Bother.

Happy weekend everyone xo

* those of you who know me well (ie. incredibly distant from a domestic goddess) will know how impressive it is that I even knew where to find the iron... or could remember what an iron is...

1 comment:

Petit Elefant said...

Sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm jealous though that you had an afternoon devoted entirely to yourself and your sewing machine....

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!