27 May, 2008

I have been sewing!


Warned you all in my last post that I had been sewing, and here are the results.

Apologies for the dodgy quality photo... my camera is flat (too many photos of the dog and trying to catch the baby moving on video), so this is a mobile phone picture. This is what makes the edges look stretched out on the left too --- the wrap is actually surprisingly square.

I love this patterned flannelette which I just found at good ol' spotlight in box hill, where they have a surprisingly large range of printed flannelette. Also got some very cute blue and pink printed flannelette, which I will show you once I have made it into something. This wrap is 82cm square, which is too small according to my girlfriends who have had babies, but is the best I could do with the fabric I had available! (I discovered that flannelette shrinks significantly on first wash - a handy reminder to all crafters out there to make sure you wash your fabric first!)

I also love these knot hats which are so easy to make! We still don't know if bub is a boy or girl, but I only had blue stretch fabric in my stash, so used what I had available. If she is a girl that will just give me an excuse to add a flower or something pretty to the front! I adapted the hat pattern from here

I don't have an overlocker and didn't like the folding back cuff too much so made some very minor amendments. I am thinking that I probably need to go out and buy some patterned stretch fabric just for some fun...

So, I am back in the world of crafting! (Hooray for maternity leave!)

I have also made two new button rings and a button necklace, which you can see on my flickr or etsy (links on the left).

Have a fabulous week everyone!
Hannah x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely hats...

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!