10 March, 2008

have i mentioned that i don't swim?

Just had a girlfriend call me to invite me out for a swim. I don't swim. I am a fabulous floater, but not a great swimmer, so I don't generally swim. Especially not just for the sake of it. Not in pools. Definitely not on crummy beaches. But if I am at Seven Mile Beach, yes, I will swim.


photo taken by summer pickles, 13th Oct 2006, seven mile beach national park



Girlfriend thought this was weird... is this weird? Probably is very "un-Australian"!

What I do love at the moment is floating and splashing around in prenatal water exercise classes (belly floats above the top of the water like a little island). Loving that. Think the newly acquired flotation devices are helping out a little ;)

photo taken by summer pickles, 5th March 08, newly acquired flotation devices

Happy Monday! x

5 comments:

LBA said...

I don't swim either - same reasons.

Oh, and I don't look good with wet hair, if I may add another 'vanity' reason. Plus all the bather anxiety and the ensuring of all offensive body hair being tucked/waxed/shaved away.

Far easier to paddle. Or sit on the beach and tan/ sip on refreshing bevvies and have a laugh.

Thanks for your offer too - I may just take you up on it !

xx

Veronica Darling... said...

CUTE tummy!

I don't swim south of Ulladulla - maybe I'd go to Brighton Beach if my friend Amy twisted my arm, but I daren't touch the bottom! It's just too cold in Victoria!

xoxo hope you're feeling yummy and well!

summer pickles said...

ha! h&b, I left out the vanity reason, but of course there are those as well! Sitting on a beach with a book has always been a favourite, or walking along the beach with a camera...
veronica darling, thanks for popping in! Yes, I am feeling fat and fabulous, thankyou lovely! Oh! and I found those zippers!!! On their way to you soon... xo

Lin said...

Hey I'm a Queenslander, live near the water, and still don't swim, in the ocean at least. I attribute that to watching Jaws movies too young!
I actually prefer the beach more in Winter, when the sun is warm and the beaches less crowded.
BTW - you're looking great! Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. It's a wonderful time!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I don't like to swim unless the water is really warm...and by that I mean like a hot bath. And I don't like getting my hair wet. And this is from someone who swam as a sport right up into my 20s.

Good looking floatation devices!

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!