12 April, 2013

feeling pinspired...

Hi again!

Now all three boys are going to bed (dare I say/write that 'out loud'?!), I have rediscovered the joy of evenings and time. Feeling pinspired last night I whipped up this little beauty:


Love the hand on the hip? Our gherkin's natural "I'm being photographed" pose - love it!

Note the monster patch on the knee. These jeans were favourites for ages until the gherkin's knee went right through them. This is not an original idea (seems I am all out of those at the moment - perhaps too much time spent on pinterest) but comes from refashion co-op (who apparently was inspired by someone else).

I did this job by hand, only because I was too nervous to unpick the seam and re-sew, but next time I will be braver. After all, Miss Cintia offered a really good tutorial on how to do this some time ago, that I have been waiting to use... next time!

Doing it by hand and stitching these on without unpicking the seam was tricky at best and a massive pain at its worse. The most difficult thing was my laziness and wanting to stitch on the teeth and mouth at the same time. Really it would have been simplest to either stitch the teeth to the red mouth or stitch the teeth to the jeans as step one and then the mouth to the jeans as step two. But no, I pinned it all on at once and then proceeded to stitch all layers together at once. Madness! And frustrating! (and causing me to spend way too much of the evening with my tongue poking out and eyes half-crossed).

But, the story has a happy ending! The Gherkin loved his new monster pants, so much that we had to Skype the grandparents immediately, and Little loved them so much that he started nagging for his own "dinosaur" pants.

Happy weekend! xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!