07 December, 2007

flashback friday! dressing up for a wedding....


Hello!

I am thrilled that we are no longer doing themes for Flashback Friday... it was all getting way too difficult to find photos to fit the theme!

This is a photo of me with my brother, all dressed up for my uncle's wedding. I reckon this was early-mid 1980s.

Check out the hair! I remember the day before, mum tied so many rags into my hair, I felt so special, and how exciting it felt to then go to bed with them still in!!! I felt quite different though when she had taken them all out the next morning, and stood me in front of a glass door so I could just see my reflection... I cried! But I am sure I got over it, and I remember how my hair felt, it was lovely and soft. I am not sure if it looks cute or if it is appropriate to laugh at this photo!

In this photo I am wearing my favourite blue dress with my favourite pale blue socks and gorgeous metallic blue Mary Janes.... my mum shopped incredibly well for this outfit! I wore it at every opportuninty, and remember wearing it in summer (without the shirt underneath) and in the winter... how sad when I grew out of it!

Now, looking at my brother, how cool was he in the brown and the cardi...? too funny!!!

Have a great weekend, xx

3 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I do the rag thing with my oldest daughter's hair, which is VERY long (although I use long satin ribbons). It curls up into insane ringlets and she absolutely loves it. I haven't done it for a while though...and when I do, it usually takes about an hour to tie all the ribbon in.

You both look so sweet.

Angela said...

I had my Mum put my hair in rags too! It was always so special. You look too cute!

Sharon said...

Hi summerpickles this is sharon from the bookshop in Box Hill here here... What a lovely blog you have I shall add you to my sidebar...

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!