21 December, 2007

flashback friday! "christmas special"


Hello all

This is most likely going to be my last flashback friday of 2007, and what better way to end than to focus on christmases past.

The photo above is of my cousin Chris, me and Papa (my mum's dad). I don't have many photos with Papa, and I really love this one. My memories of Papa have really faded over time, but I can still feel how I felt about him, and am sad that I didn't get to know him for longer. as a kid, I always thought my cousin Chris was just incredible, and it is lovely that we are now "grown up" (in theory, anyway!) and are still in touch. This eat-in kitchen was the heart of this house for me. I think this is why I am so excited about our eat-in kitchen at our new house, hoping we can create the same warm, loving and fun environment in our kitchen and make it the heart of our home, too.



This next photo is of Mum, Dad, me, my brother, and our dear friends Fiona and Laura, all snuggled together and singing along to Carols By Candlelight on the TV (I'm at the back of the green beanbag). This is something that happened every year, and is one of the highlights for me at Christmas. I actually got to a Sydney Carols By Candleight a few years ago and it was a magical night... I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Anyway, in case I don't pop my head in here again to say hello before Christmas, wishing you a beautiful, wonderful, magical Christmas and a fabulous and safe new year. Thankyou for visiting and chatting this year... I have enjoyed your company!

Chat soon, xx

2 comments:

Bird Bath said...

wonderful memories..that's what really makes christmas special. I also love eat-in kitchens they evoke a cosy atmosphere...happy holidays!

LBA said...

So when do you move ? ( asks your real-estate and house-obsessed commenter :)

Hope you have a lovely Christmas !

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!