12 November, 2007

the house update


Ah, I see, more interested in the house news than the crafting news then? ;) ... thanks to those of you happily nagging for a house update!

Okay, so we sold our house! It was a very intense morning, we headed out for brekkie after I had been to the south melbourne markets for all of the goodies for our post-auction barbeque, had bought flowers for the house, and we had finished another brilliant (but quick) clean. Oddly for me, I couldn't eat much (too nervous). We then slowly wandered back home to sit in the front bedroom and watch the auction. It was incredibly stressful! But, all went well, we got well over the reserve price and so now are on the mad home hunt so we are not homeless come the 25th January!!!
Thankyou to all of you who wished us good luck, it all did turn out much better than we had expected. Feel free to keep your eyes peeled for more renovators delights within 10kms of the city, we are looking for our next house! (By the way, hubby will hate me for posting this photo... all of the photos were duds, sadly! But great to have a picture with the SOLD! sign.)
I have been reflecting on the process that got us to this point, of the cricket pitch green carpet that used to be on the floor, of the green walls, the yellow and brown bathroom (with palm tree feature tiles... noice), the green window frames, and it has gotten me wondering.... does anyone else have any stories out there about homes / rooms you have run your creativity and sparkle over? I am sure you do... come on, be brave and share!
Chat soon, xx

4 comments:

Julia said...

Congratulations on selling the house!!!
Love those vintage button rings...they're gorgeous!

LBA said...

Glad you took my bullying so well :)

Before we renovated Collingwood, I had a girlfriend who refused to use the bathroom ...

What she had against khaki concrete lean-to's with peeling paint that also served as both a shed and laundry .. I have no idea :p

Bronwyn said...

Our favourite story of our pre-reno-ed house is of the black shagpile carpet in the BATHROOM, which also ran up the side of the bath - matching the black ceiling!!! All the best for finding your new abode!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh yay! I love great-result auction stories. Well done. Good luck finding something new.

The first house we renovated was painted completely pink (three different shades) on the inside when we bought it. I spent hours stripping gloss lolly pink paint off the doorframes and skirting boards.

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!