04 November, 2007

bethan short... hooray! i found some pictures!


Some of you may remember that I went to a class not long ago with an inspirational doll maker Bethan Short, but couldn't find any pics of her work anywhere. Well, this morning I was going through an old Cloth Doll Showcase magazine (no date) and found these pictures. These were obviously early on in her dollmaking career, her work is so much more detailed and exquisite now. But I thought I could at least share these, in the absence of much else.

What I loved about Bethan's workshop (other than all of the amazing learning and sharing of ideas!) was her focus on keeping the patterns simple, but making the detailing beautiful. I love the beading on the doll above in the white dress. This was probably giving a bit of a hint of where Bethan was going to go with her dollmaking. Love the headgear too! Just lovely.
Happy weekend everyone xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are stunning!!

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!