16 May, 2013

trackie thursday!

Little's effort - a dolls house rocking horse

Yay! Another week, another trackie thursday.

For those of you just tuning in, trackie thursday is our slooow day. No preschool, no playdates, no swimming lessons, no reason to leave the house, or even get dressed. trackie thursday is our day of rest.

It is also typically the day that we do cool stuff at home. We play, we bake, we make.

Today, we painted our dolls house furniture. The boys really, really loved this activity. Not quite sure what the attraction was - the new paints, the new surfaces to paint, or the fact that it all felt a little bit like vandalism (!).

The Gherkin, concentrating (by some miracle the tongue is in xo)

Little stuck with it for a good twenty minutes, before he started painting his arms and face (with craft acrylics - excellent!), and The Gherkin was there for much longer. And, this mummy is learning - I remembered to ask the boys to paint with paper and placemats under their work. Last time we painted on the kitchen table we stained the timber...

The Gherkin, still concentrating, but clearly very happy

The boys are keen for me to "makeover" their dolls house. I think now after their great start I need to put some effort in, too!

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!