30 November, 2009

crochet for beginners


crochet for beginners, originally uploaded by summer pickles.

I'm trying out a new craft!!

Thanks Mum for the lessons and thanks Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework (thrifted, and fabulous!) for helping the lessons "stick"!

I intend to have this ready, and proper blanket size, by the time baby pickles the second arrives... too ambitious for a new craft??? I have til May....?

I am soooo incredibly proud of this effort, but, please, please don't look too closely!

1 comment:

Veronica Darling... said...

I've got '1100 Stitches Patterns and Knitting Crochet Basic Techniques' from the op shop to learn crochet. Everyone can do it so well, but I've got an epic fail in my hands and brain.

I've tried a few options and still... it's SO hard!

Yours looks great! Love the shapes you've got there!

Thanks

to my other half who puts up with the mess, makes me happy and keeps me sane.
to my beautiful boys who give me so much i want to remember and make the everyday something to treasure.
to my mum who alway let me play with fabric and the good scissors, and who knows a lot of songs.
to my dad who was always happy for us to make a mess and who laughs at us when we deserve it.
to both parents for making sure i still got the work done.
to my dear friends for listening and for sharing the laughs.
and, to you for visiting!